Sunday 9 March 2008

My New Crafting Buddy

My son’s girlfriend Samantha comes into my craft ‘studio’ for a chat when she is visiting Jason and has always showed interest in my ‘stash’ that’s sitting around, eg. Oh this is nice what's it for, what do you do with this? - and making her fingerprints with my ink pads. Today she mentioned she’d like to try making a card sometime, I said now is as good a time as any! This is the card she created for my husband’s birthday next month. The stamped image she got right the first time she put on the embossing powder and heated it then using water colour pencils, water and brush coloured it in. I handed her various different bits of foiled card and when she made her choice I explained about matting & layering. I think it is fabulous for a ‘Newbie’ to cardmaking. So I have found a new crafting buddy, I hope she gets the 'bug' so we can spend lots of time crafting together while my son watches football.

8 comments:

Debbie said...

What a fantastic card - well done Samantha, I can't believe this is your very first card you have ever made. Looks like you are going to be a natural. ;) :)

How lucky are you Joani to have a new crafting buddy - I'm turning a funny shade of green here, LOL, LOL

Debbie x

Sarah C said...

Woweee, you would never know this is her first card. Are you sure she hasn't sneaked into your room before? LOL

Well done Samantha, this is brilliant :-D

Glad you've got each other for crafting buddies now xx

Dawn said...

Way to go Samantha - Wish my first card looked like that, you have really coloured the bear nicely.
Perhaps we will see some more of your creations on Joanies' Blog ????!!!

Dee said...

Hi, just popped in from PCJ to say 'Well done' to Samantha, a very good first attempt - I cringe when I think back to what I created! Be careful though, its very adictive and expensive... although I'm sure Joanni will let you loose in her craft room again!

Happy Crafting

Unknown said...

AWESOME card! I never would have known it was her first! Good to have a crafting buddy!

Leann said...

Well done Samantha :)
Be warned Joani ~ I "made" a friend carfty, my stash is no longer my own!!!!

Anonymous said...

Brill card! I hope when my DS finds a girlfriend she'll like crafting :)

Crissi Harvey said...

Excellent card samantha, how nice for you to have a crafting buddy Joani